CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hey, KLF family! We are back up and running here in blogville! I hope all is well with everyone's soul. I feel great, thank you for asking! My spirit is alive, my mind is sharp (sharp as a round, rubber ball as my brother would say) and my fingers feel ready to rock the blogospherical keyboard.

I left off last year with the question, "Is the power of the sword greater than the power of the cross?" That question was actually based on the sermon series entitled "The Power of the Sword vs the Power of the Cross" by Greg Boyd and we will be discussing it in the next couple of weeks. Until then, though, I would like to share with you what has been going on in my heart.

Wow! What a weekend. John Mark Pool, worldwide author and speaker on the prophetic was at K-LIFE (that's what the cool people call KLF) this weekend and it was awesome. There have been so many testimonies of God's transforming power through the prophetic word. I believe people's dreams and destinies have been re-lit with the fire of the Holy Spirit to burn purer and brighter than ever before. We have been given a mandate to pursue the prophetic fulfillment of the promises that God has set before us! What are the promises that God has given you? Our promise is that we would see local, regional and world-wide transformation (heaven coming to earth in every sphere) through training and equipping people to become radical givers, unceasing prayers and fearless lovers. Hence the slogan: GIVE. PRAY. LOVE.

What does it take to see the promises of God fulfilled in our lives? I believe it takes us partnering with the spiritual and the natural. We must first commit ourselves to prayer. Bill Johnson says that the hand of God only moves on man's behalf through prayer. Prayer changes the atmosphere and releases the realities of heaven here on earth. This open heaven couples with your faithfulness to see the fulfillment of the promises of God manifest in your daily lives. It's like Noah. He heard the voice of God that there was going to be a flood and the Lord even gave him a blueprint of what he was supposed to build for it. But, Noah had to hammer the nail into the 2x4 to build the ark. There is a coupling of prayer and natural application to what God is saying that produces the city's promise that God has called us to live in.

I will leave you with this question: Is the pain of change greater than the pain of not living in the fullness of your destiny? It starts today! Today's destiny has to be completed to reach your final destination.

Until next time,
Love, Peace and Chicken Grease,
Brandon

1 comment:

PRINCESS BRIDE said...

Brandon,
I am so happy that the blog has started again. I look forward to all you have to share with all of us in blogville. As for your question... I have just recently learned that the pains of change are nothing compaired to the pains you feel when you fight the destiny that God has for you. For me once I accepted that God had a destiny for me and allowed HIm to lead me in the path He has for me the pain seemed to be lifted off of me.
Love in Christ