CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hey family, Brandon here. This is my second post in the blogworld or the blogosphere, don't know what to call it because I didn't receive any comments on my first post. Hint, hint. Definitely not helping my need for affirmation. It is my #1 need on the emotional needs assessment test, affirmation that is...
You may be wondering "Why the Militant Theme?" or "Whats up with the agressive camo background?" What's all this "Give Pray Love" stuff, HUH?"

At KLF, we feel like God has called us to wage the greatest offensive strike our world has ever seen. We have the grenades, the pistols and the bombs in place, ready at a moments notice. The "Give" grenades are being prepared, the "Prayer" pistols are getting polished, and the "Love" bombs are getting special attention. God is raising up an army of believers who are ready to use radical measures that include the most violent forms of weaponry created, Giving, Praying and Loving. This war that is being waged is not an upheaval caused by political provocation or armed advances, but the beautiful violence of the Kingdom of God. It's the result of God's order shaking up relationships, households, cities, and nations by the entry of the Holy Spirit's power. That power, is being brought from Heaven to Earth through the fruits of the Spirit and the giftings of God's Spirit working through you, God's People!!!

We are calling forth all world changers, reformers, revolutionaries, (carpenters, housewives, college students, retired folks and everyone in between) to a lifestyle of radical abandonment to God's reign.

The Vision of KLF is to transform our city, region, and world. We want to bring Heaven to Earth in Clyde, the Big Country, Texas, United States, and the Nations.

The Mission of KLF is this: Operation: Give. Pray. Love. We believe God has called us to meet the Physical, Spiritual and Emotional needs of the people. We want to be a people who give radically, pray unceasingly, and love sacrificially at the greatest levels.

This is the war we want to wage. A Give. Pray. Love WAR you could say!!!

Operation: Give Pray Love will feed the three basic needs that people have...

1. Physical Needs (Give) feeds the Body
2. Spiritual Needs (Pray) feeds the Spirit
3. Emotional Needs (Love) feeds the Soul

To answer the question about the aggressive camo background. The responsibility for that lies on the shoulders of our KLF blog creator, Pam Park. Pam is the supervisor and editor of this blog so if you don't like the aggressive, militant camo background, talk to her. If you do like it, I have the inside track that she's fond of Starbucks! I personally like it because God has called us to violently advance His Kingdom. Not with physical violence but with a spiritual intensity that helps us promote the attributes of our Savior Jesus.

If you are ready to engage, please enlist (army talk for "leave me a comment"). Until next time, soldiers.

Give Pray Love,

Brandon

10 comments:

Francesca said...

Brandon, love the new blog. As a stay at home mom it is nice to know I can come here and know what is going on at KLF. I feel more in the loop already. As for the Give.Pray.Love vision of our church. I can say first hand those three things have impacted our family's life more than I can say. It has also lit a fire in us to do it for others. I think it is contagious. I look forward to this sight and to the future "war" at hand.

Francesca

Brandi Wilson said...

How exciting! (This is Brandi Wilson by the way.)

I love the idea of having a church blog! Actually, I'm really excited that you're doing it Brandon!

I have enlisted in the Love WAR!

MONICA said...

I am ready to join in the "beautiful violence of The Kingdom" (an awesome and apt phrase) and I am very excited about the KLF vision. You, Brandon are annointed to inspire Love and Action! I am particularly interested in "Soulish Love" but also Giving and Praying!
And can't wait to see and be a part of the Awesome Movement of God through His KLF army!! I am praying for you!
Monica R.

Lydianna Bradford said...

I love the idea of a KLF blog. Please keep posting.

Give.Pray.Love.

What a powerful call to warfare.

We are doing well here in Appleton, WI. We have a church blog (Overflow Church) as well, you can get to it off of my blog on here. We pray for KLF every week at our house of prayer and trust that God is doing a mighty work there.

Natalie said...

BLOG LOOKS GREAT! I put on my armor every day...bring on the camo.

trish said...

Brandon,

Well we have really gotten used to you preaching- so I am glad you have another format. By the way you really have grown as a preacher and a comedian. GPL back at ya!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE IDEA OF HAVING A CHURCH BLOG. AND I MUST GIVE KUDDO'S FOR THE MILITARY BACK-ROUND....ITS AWESOME. AND YOU KNOW I AM GOING TO BE A MILITARY WIFE THIS COMING WEEK-END. WOO HOO...
BY THE WAY , I LOVED THE SERVICE SUNDAY. GREAT JOB....

Anonymous said...

WElcome to the Blog world. IT is nice to have you here. I am glad that you are blogging about things at church love to hear what is going on LOVE THE CAMO...

Rachel said...

Welcome to blogville, Brandon!! I love the idea of a church blog and this is perfect!!

Gail Vinson said...

Lock N Load